The representatives of Serbia, Montenegro, and Bosnia and Herzegovina to the Miss Earth 2020 pageant were crowned during the Miss Balkana 2020 competition held at the Ethno Village Stanišići, in Bijeljina (Bosnia and Herzegovina) on Saturday, August 22.
While last year’s Miss Earth Montenegro, Nikoleta Rakočević, took home the title Miss Balkana, Jana Radulović, Ana Miljanic, and Amina Hasanbegovic´ were crowned Miss Earth Serbia, Miss Earth Montenegro, and Miss Earth Bosnia and Herzegovina 2020, respectively.
Nikoleta succeeds last year’s Miss Balkana, Miss Earth Serbia, and the reigning Miss Europe, Ljubica Rajković. They both competed at the Miss Earth 2019 pageant in the Philippines.
The newly-crowned beauties from the Balkan Peninsula will represent their respective countries at the Miss Earth 2020 virtual edition to be held starting next month with the finals slated for November.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the competition currently headed by Sara Kalabić was held with safety precautions in place and without an audience.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina held the Miss Earth 2002 title for several months with Džejla Glavović until she was dethroned “due to her failure to comply with the stipulations in her contract.”
- Before Serbia and Montenegro became separate states in 2006, the countries were last represented as Yugoslavia in 2002 with Swedish-born Serbian beauty, Sladjana Bozovic, who placed as a runner-up.
- In 2003, Yugoslavia became Serbia and Montenegro until they were established as independent republics in 2006. Dubravka Škorić was the last woman to compete as Miss Serbia and Montenegro at Miss Earth.
- Serbia debuted in 2008 with Bojana Traljic and in 2013 the country placed in the Top 8 with Anđelka Tomašević, its highest placement so far in the pageant.
- Montenegro debuted ten years later with Katarina Seckovic who managed to place in the Top 18 at Miss Earth 2018.
Photos: Aleksandar Pavlović / Instagram